Monthly Networking and Educational Luncheon
Speaker: Tammy Long, Director of the Missouri Chamber Federation
Topic: MEWA, Missouri Chamber Federation Health Program
Luncheon Sponsor: Sinks Pharmacy
Business of the Month: Wiggins Abstract
Learn about MEWA — the Missouri Chamber Federation Benefit Plan
As today’s small businesses continue to search for cost-saving health coverage options, the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Missouri Chamber Federation have taken action.
They have teamed up with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Missouri to create a new health program that can lead to more rate stability and offers a smart solution with potential savings for groups with 2-50 eligible employees.
This new self-funded medical offering is a multiple employer welfare arrangement, often called a MEWA. This program enables smaller employers to join together to share in the overall claims risk. By being part of a larger, self-funded pool, employers have financial protection backed by Anthem’s stop loss coverage.
- Competitive medically underwritten rates
- Fixed, predictable monthly payment
- A variety of plan designs, including 10 PPO and three HSA options
- Anthem’s Blue Access, Blue Access Choice, Blue Preferred networks
and Traditional Open formulary
- Coverage for claims run-out / terminal liability coverage